| Get ready, China. The world is coming! Every say lots of foreigners come here as business people or|
tourists. And even more people will come in 2008 for the Beijing Olympics. When they come to China, we
should do something to help them enjoy themselves and like China and the Chinese people.
But there are some things they may not like:
1. Traffic problems Cars park on sidewalks. Bus drivers drive so fast that they make people who are
trying to cross the street afraid.
2. Queue jumping At the post office, or even at McDonald's, people push to the front of a line instead
3. Bumping Too many people are crowed onto buses and trains. This makes people feel terrible, and it is
not safe, either.On a bus in North America, people try to make themselves smaller and they'll say "Excuse
me" or "Sorry" if they knock into someone. In China, people make themselves bigger with no "Excuse me"
4. Littering I notice this everywhere. Some people throw rubbish onto the ground even when there is a
rubbish bin (箱) right next to them. Most Chinese people are just as unhappy with these kinds of things as
I am. And, certainly, the government (政府) has known the problems and is trying to do something
1. Someone throws an empty Cola bottle onto the ground. This is called _____. |
|A. bumping |
C. queue jumping
|2. The writer thinks we Chinese people should do the following except _____.|
|A. park our cars at right places |
B. wait our turn in public places
C. hurry onto buses before others
|3. The word "bigger" in the sentence "In China, people make themselves |
bigger with no 'Sorry' or 'Excuse me'" means _____.
C. not polite
|4. We can conclude (得出结论) from the passage that _____.|
|A. things will get better and better in China |
B. fewer and fewer foreigners will visit our country
C. there will be more and more traffic problems in Beijing
|5. When the writer says "Get ready, China", he means that _____.|
|A. China is going to be a fast-growing country |
B. it is time for the Chinese to change their bad behaviors
C. most Chinese people are as unhappy with these problems as him