As soon as I shut the front door, I realized that I ______ my key in the house.
A. had left
B. had forgotten
C. had put
D. had placed
By the time my parents reached home yesterday, I _____ already _____ the dinner.
A. had; cooked
B. / ; cooked
C. have; cooked
D. did; cook
1. The bus had left by the time I got there.(改为否定句)
The bus _______ ______by the time I got there.
2. He has already had breakfast. (改为一般疑问句)
______he had breakfast________?
3. The story was very interesting. I could never forget it. (合并为一句)
The story was ________interesting__________ I could never forget it.
4. She said, "I have read the book."(改为同义句)
She said that ______
read the book.
5. The box is so heavy that he can't carry it. (改为同义句)
The box is __________heavy for him __________ carry.
They ___ to help but could not get here in time.
A. had wanted
B. have wanted
C. was wanting