September 4 was my first day at Phillips Academy, my new school. It was also my 18th birthday.
I received a warm 26 from my host family--- the Steins. Gena was my host mum, and her daughter Lily would
also be a new 27 at Phillips. They took me to the school and 28 me around the campus.
On our way to my dorm (学生宿舍), we saw a truck delivering a student’s 29 to her room. Many students at the school were very rich, and they would fill their dorms with decorations（装饰物）. But I was 30 not to because I thought it was a 31 of time and money.
I had a single room, which was about the 32 of a Chinese college dorm --- the ones which usually hold six people. 33 she helped carry my bags, Lily asked me, “What’s your favorite 34 ，Teresa?” I thought for a moment before answering, “Orange.” I didn’t know why she had asked the question.
We 35 an introduction meeting after dinner. 36 of the students were native English speakers, so I felt a little 37 . I returned to my room after the 38 , tired and wanted to go to bed after a (n) 39 day.
When I opened my door, I found a big 40 .The bed was perfectly made with blankets and an orange sunflower pillow. On the 41 was a sunflower-pattern mat（地垫，垫子）while a colorful lamp 42 beside the bed.
I opened my mouth, 43 . How beautiful!
There was also a 44 card. I touched the little pillow on the bed as I read the card. A warm current (暖流) rushed through my 45 .
26. A. heart B. card C. service D. welcome
27. A. student B. teacher C. citizen D. visitor
28. A. walked B. introduced C. showed D. invited
29. A. bag B. newspaper C. letters D. money
30. A. warned B. forced C. determined D. supposed
31. A. matter B. waste C. show D. use
32. A. design B. size C. pattern D. example
33. A. As B. Though C. Because D. While
34. A. fruit B. weather C. food D. color
35. A. organized B. planned C. attended D. opened
36. A. All B. Most C. Some D. Few
37. A. pleased B. nervous C. angry D. afraid
38. A. dinner B. class C. meeting D. party
39. A. exciting B. surprising C. tired D. interested
40. A. secret B. joke C. warmth D. surprise
41. A. wall B. desk C. flo
or D. ground
42. A. stood B. lay C. appeared D. hanged
43. A. frightened B. moved C. satisfied D. understood
44. A. post B. birthday C. name D. festival
45. A. mind B. head C. face D. body